I need to build a camera bracket that will connect to the kite line. I started with the head and mounting plate from an old tripod. I used Velcro tape to connect the receiver and power switch to the tripod head. I also added some soft Velcro to the grip for cushioning.
The tripod head felt bulky, too big. I borrowed an idea from KAP v1, and packed all the electronics and batteries in a mini binocular soft case. Next, I’m going to devise an L bracket that connects to the 885’s tripod mount, and passes through the belt loop of the soft case. I need to find something sturdier than rubber bands to mount the servo onto the camera. This project is coming along. With any luck, I’ll be able to take some pictures from a kite this summer.